Spiced Chickpea Bowl with Herb Tahini Dressing
This flavorful and nourishing Spiced Chickpea Bowl with Herb Tahini Dressing comes together quickly in around 15 minutes! It's filled with vegetables and protein, and has lots of texture too, for a perfect lunch or light dinner.
Servings: 2 people
- 1 cup cooked / rinsed canned chickpeas
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp each kosher salt, pepper, cumin, ground coriander, paprika
- 2 portions salad greens
- 2 portions toasted pita or pita chips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped or thinly sliced red onion
- 2/3 cup chopped seedless cucumber
- Lemon wedges and extra herbs for serving
Herb Tahini Dressing
- 2 tbsp tahini the runny type
- 2 tsp maple syrup or agave nectar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp water to thin the dressing
- 1/4 tsp each kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder
- 1 tbsp each finely chopped fresh parsley and dill
- 1/2 tbsp thinly sliced fresh mint
In a pan on medium heat, heat the oil and add the chickpeas and seasonings. Cook for 4 to 5 min, stir occasionally, until chickpeas are getting a bit crisp.
Meanwhile, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl. Assemble two bowls with the salad greens, pita, onion and cucumber. Top with the chickpeas and dressing. Add lemon wedges and more herbs as desired.