Angel Hair with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Olives
Angel Hair with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Olives is a light yet really flavorful dish that celebrates simple ingredients and of course, pasta! With lemon, tangy olives, and lots of herbs, this dish is sure to become a favorite.
Servings: 4 people
- 3 to 4 servings pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 heaping tbsp pine nuts toasted
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves minced (can sub around 1/2 to 3/4 tsp garlic granules, to taste)
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups broccoli florets cut small
- Juice of 1 to 1.5 lemons to taste
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ to ¾ tsp kosher salt to taste
- ½ tsp pepper
- red chili flakes optional
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives coarsely chopped
- 2 to 3 tbsp capers to taste
- 15 sun-dried tomatoes marinated type, drained and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- ½ tsp dried parsley
Steam the broccoli until tender, but still bright green. Meanwhile, preheat a large pan over medium heat while you finely chop the onion. Add onion to pan with the oil, and cook.
Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts in a dry pan. You can use a small skillet or saucepan over medium heat, tossing until they start to get a light golden brown. Set aside.
When the onions get translucent and softened, around 5 min, add the garlic and cook another min. Add the vegetable broth and allow it to gently bubble as the onions continue to cook for a 3 minutes while you chop the olives, sun-dried tomatoes and parsley. Some liquid may evaporate.
Lastly, add all the remaining ingredients other than the toasted pine nuts to the pan, including the steamed broccoli florets) and gently cook together for a few minutes (start with juice of 1 lemon and add more if desired).
Serve and top with pine nuts.