Strawberry and Avocado Salad
This Strawberry and Avocado Salad with Ginger Lime Vinaigrette is a light and summery salad that's perfect for a family celebration, light meal, or side salad for that warm-weather picnic or gathering.
Servings: 2 people
- 6-8 strawberries
- 2 servings of greens arugula and rainbow microgreens used here
- 1 avocado sliced in chunks
- 1/2 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced mint leaves or fresh basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 2-3 tsp ginger paste or grated fresh ginger, or 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp fine garlic powder or grated garlic clove
Whisk together the dressing.
Lightly dress the greens, chickpeas, tomatoes, strawberries in a large mixing bowl, and split between two plates.
Top with avocado, pistachios and mint leaves.