Citrus and Avocado Watercress Salad
A bright and refreshingly light salad, filled with delicious seasonal citrus and creamy avocado.
Servings: 3 people
- 4 cups watercress somewhat packed
- 1 cara cara orange peeled and sliced
- 1 blood orange peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup edamame
- 1/2 cup cucumber sliced
- 1/3 cup cole slaw mix shredded cabbage, red cabbage, carrots
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- zest and juice of 1 medium blood orange
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
In a large serving bowl, place watercress, orange slices, edamame, cucumbers, and cole slaw mix.
Separately in a bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour about half over the salad and gently toss to combine. Reserve the rest of the dressing and use as desired.