This Vegan Pasilla and Corn Flatbread is a vibrant and satisfying meal that packs lots of flavor and a bit of spice! It’s perfect for an epic vegan pizza night at home, and it is sure to become a favorite. Topped with pasilla peppers and corn, vegan mozzarella and cheddar, and a spicy mayo with fresh cilantro – this flatbread has it all!
This blog post is sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market.
This deliciously decadent flatbread will give you a new reason to skip takeout and bring the heat to your house! There’s just something magical about the combination of pasilla peppers, corn, vegan cheezy goodness, cilantro and hot sauce. But no worries if you like things less spicy! The pasilla peppers are a mild option and make a perfect star for this flatbread.
Is it strange to dream about flatbread? Perhaps, but this yummy combination may have you dreaming about it too. Plus, it’s super simple to make! With some everyday pantry seasonings, frozen corn, and some fridge staples, you’ll have this pasilla flatbread made in no time.
And to kick things off with a bang, Sprouts Farmers Market has lots of unique seasonal chiles to explore, from mild to medium and spicy! They not only have these mild pasilla peppers, but also beautiful varieties of anaheim, jalapeno, serrano, and habanero peppers.
Get ’em while they’re hot! Along with all the fresh and yummy ingredients to make this Vegan Pasilla and Corn Flatbread. I can always find such wonderful produce at Sprouts including the vibrant fresh cilantro and chile peppers. The freshness is always on point, which means taste and nutrients abound. And with this flatbread, there’s no shortage of flavor here!
How this Vegan Pasilla and Corn Flatbread Comes Together
You’ll start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F. Then, cook the corn according to package directions. And while the corn is cooking, cut the pasilla pepper. Starting at the bottom end, make thin slices crosswise, working up toward the stem. When you reach the area near the stem where there’s most of the seeds, you can switch to dicing the remainder of the pepper around the stem.
Then add the peppers, cooked corn, and oil to a large skillet and cook them over medium heat for two minutes. Add the seasonings and cook another several minutes, stirring every so often.
Then, you’re ready to start assembling the flatbreads! Place the flatbreads on a baking tray and spread most of the cheese across the flatbreads, leaving a bit of crust around the edges. You’ll then add the pasilla and corn mixture evenly on the flatbreads, then top with the remainder of the cheese. We use a mix of mozzarella and cheddar vegan cheese for this recipe. Lastly, sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper across the flatbreads before placing the tray into the oven.
Bake the flatbreads until the vegan cheese is melting and the flatbreads get nicely golden brown and crisp.
While the flatbreads are in the oven, chop the cilantro and whisk together the Spicy Mayo ingredients. Once the flatbreads are done, you’ll sprinkle the cilantro on top and drizzle the Spicy Mayo on top. Also drizzle some additional hot sauce, if you’re feeling spicy!
Other Delicious Recipes With a Bit of Spice
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear your thoughts!! You can tag me on Instagram @janetsmunchmeals or comment here.
Vegan Pasilla and Corn Flatbread
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 1 pasilla pepper
- 2 tsp. avocado oil
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- 2 flatbreads
- ¾ cup vegan cheddar
- ¾ cup vegan mozzarella
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp. hot sauce
- 2 tbsp. vegan mayo
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- 2 to 3 tsp. hot sauce
- Juice of ¼ lime
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cook the 2/3 cup frozen corn according to package directions. While the corn is cooking, thinly slice the pasilla pepper crosswise starting from the bottom end, and finely chop any remaining portion near the stem.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the cooked corn, 2 tsp. avocado oil, and pasilla peppers. Stir and cook for 2 minutes, then add the ½ tsp. garlic powder, ¼ tsp. kosher salt, ¼ tsp. pepper, ½ tsp. cumin, ½ tsp. dried oregano, ¼ tsp. smoked paprika, and ¼ tsp. chili powder. Stir and cook another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place the 2 flatbreads on a baking tray next to each other. Spread 1 cup (total) of the vegan cheddar and vegan mozzarella evenly across the flatbreads, leaving a bit of crust open around the edge. Then, evenly spread the pasilla and corn mixture across the flatbreads. Then spread the remaining ½ cup cheese across the flatbreads. Sprinkle the flatbreads with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Place the flatbreads into the oven to bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the flatbreads are crisp. While the flatbreads are in the oven, finely chop the 2 tbsp. cilantro and add all the Spicy Mayo ingredients to a small bowl (2 tbsp. vegan mayo, 1 tsp. agave nectar, 2 to 3 tsp. hot sauce, and juice of ¼ lime. Stir the mayo thoroughly.
- To serve, top the flatbreads evenly with the chopped fresh cilantro, the 2 tbsp. hot sauce, and drizzle with the Spicy Mayo as desired.